Learning always has four elements
- Feelings or engagement or caring
- Action of application of knowledge or skills
- Metacognition- fitting into a person’s story of their own life or how they want their life to be.
- The most significant learning is personal, meaningful and actionable.
- Fear inhibits learning – Fear of failure, fear of error or appearing foolish, fear of people who are different or of the differences, themselves.
- Real learning is transformative – it changes the way learners see the world and themselves.
- Transformative learning helps learners become the people they want to be, to enhance their skills and understanding of life.